Things haven’t been perfect this week. I did have a night filled with cluster headaches. But I got through it, and since then I’ve been feeling, well, pretty darn good. Until I got this little virus, but I already wrote about that, and I’m grateful that it will run it’s course and I’ll be done with it! Plus I’m very Grateful that it really hasn’t been that bad, a couple of icky days, but that’s about it.
I am so very GRATEFUL that I found something that is helping me with my tummy issues! I found a book that addresses the food issues that I have, but I plan to write a whole post about this, it’s so exciting! And I think it could help others with dietary issues.
I am GRATEFUL:
- that I have a new psychiatrist! She is so professional. I’ve only seen her once, but she took a very detailed patient history, discussed all my medications in detail, discussed my concerns, and our future plans. I was very impressed. After the last fiasco with my previous doctor, it is such a relief to find a doctor who is not only professional but enjoys her job.
- that I have been on more regular sleep schedule. This is something I haven’t had for a very long time.
- I am waking up with more energy. Of course, this is probably because I am on a more regular sleep schedule, but it sure is nice.
- I’ve been able to go down stairs every day this week. Most people probably don’t know just how disabled I have been, but tackling the stairs have been a huge task for a long time. Most weeks I’ve been lucky if I’ve made it downstairs one or two days. So making it down stairs every day for a week, that is a great accomplishment!
- I have gotten out of the house many times this week! Not only have I made it downstairs every day, but many days I’ve gone out. I went to the grocery store….a HUGE accomplishment! I went for a ride with the top off of the car! I went to the Thrift store and got a new pair of pants. I went and looked at glasses. (I have an eye doctor’s appointment tomorrow, and will need new glasses.) I even went out to eat, this is hard because of all the noise. I’m also proud I went out to eat and stayed true to my diet, I didn’t eat anything that would make my tummy unhappy.
- I exercised a little this week….a very, very little…but I did something! Not only did I do a lot more in general, and you can call that a lot more exercise…I know my body is! I did a few yoga poses almost every morning. Just a few. I’m trying to learn to balance more with my eyes instead of relying on my ears so much. So I’m doing some of the standing yoga poses while focusing on a focal point. Maybe it will help. By going out an doing more I’m also working on increasing my stamina.
- I didn’t let a virus ruin my week. I was having a really great week, then I caught a virus and suddenly I felt crappy. I thought, am I going to start feeling really bad again? Then I caught myself….Stop thinking like that. I can’t predict the future. And what has been happening has been great, but it doesn’t mean it will continue. I will live in this moment. and I’ll enjoy it. If it’s a bad moment, I know it’s a moment. It’s my moment. And it’s OK. (A note to Laurie at HibernationNow….Yes, I did over do it…You were right! so I’m very tired today…but it was worth it, yesterday I had a a very fun day!)
- I realized that even having a virus I still don’t feel as bad as I have felt. No I don’t want to live in the past, but it was a bit of an eye opener when I realized I was lying here sick and I didn’t feel as bad as I have for a lot of the time this past year….heck the past couple of years.
- My head hasn’t hurt much at all! As I mentioned above, I had a night of cluster headaches, but since then….my head has been so good to me. There’s a couple of reasons I think this may be, but I’m just grateful that it has happened! I’m sure I’ll have headaches in the future, but to have the relief I feel now….so GRATEFUL.
- I made my lunch today all by myself. I cut up my own chicken today, and warmed up my own lunch. Because of my balance issues and sudden vertigo I haven’t trusted myself to use a knife in a long time, at least without supervision. Today I made my lunch with Stuart upstairs.
- To hear my husband say, “It’s so nice to be able to do things with you.” Remembering to be in this moment…..