I enjoyed participating in the Ten Things of Thankful challenge last week I thought I’d try to make it an ongoing post.
My week has been filled with ups and downs, but there are always things to be thankful for:
- The first thing I’m thankful for is that my ultrasound I had last week showed that the hydronephrosis is clearing on it’s own. A severe UTI can really cause some major issues, I was shocked. Now I’m thrilled it’s all working out with no further treatment. (you can read more about all of this at these 2 post: My Plumbing Doesn’t work and Unblocked!
- My cousin from NC was able to drop by for an impromptu visit while in town for work. That was super cool! I’ve been a little homesick and that made things much better.
- The weather has been awesome this week. Sitting in the sun soaking up some Vitamin D has been a regular event. I’m so thankful for sunshine in the winter. (helps that I live in the desert)
- Our fireplace works. I know I just said how amazing the weather is but we had a cold night and it was nice to have a fire built to take the chill off. Here in Tucson the nights can dip in the 30’sF then the days can hit in the 70’sF. 30F nights are not that common though and most days are in the 60’sF.
- I’m grateful I found a new therapist, I see her for the fist time tomorrow. Wish me luck. We’ve emailed a bit so I feel comfortable going in already.
- As with every week, I’m grateful for my husband. He has been putting in some long hours at work. I’ve been in pain this week and I haven’t been able to do much, Stuart has done so much, and takes care of me too.
- I’m grateful we have a TV, when I’m laid up it’s a comfort to just sit and veg in front of the idiot box. 🙂
- For running water. I really thought about this this week. As I mentioned I live in the desert, I feel it is such a luxury to have water all the time. It makes me want to conserve it as much as possible.
- I found out we can recycle more than we thought we could. Yay! Less garbage. Also, the sanitation department asks that we simply throw our food scraps in the trash can and rinse it out a little instead of putting it in bags, much less plastic in the landfill. This one is a bit harder to do though, but we are going to try.
- My friends. One sent me an awesome surprise! One is now able to text me almost everyday, that makes it so much easier to keep up with each other. One is my chosen sister. One keeps me sane and teaches me so much every time we talk. All the wonderful friends who check on me and comment on my blog, and simply make me feel loved. I hope I do the same for you.
What are you thankful for this week?
If you’d like to particiapate in TToT here’s what you do:
If you are interested in participating here’s the link to it. Ten Things of Thankful
“The blog hop opens every Friday morning at 1:00 a.m. Mountain time, and closes the following Tuesday at 11:55 p.m. Mountain time.”
“Every week, bloggers from all over the world gather together here online to share with each other the things that they have been thankful for during the past week. Although the number ten is in the title, that is more of a suggestion than a hard and fast rule.”