My friend Kim Johnson over at I Tripped Over a Stone, got together with Karen Anderson and wrote a book to help others find how they can LIVE with fibromyalgia. They know that with fibromyalgia every day can feel like you are fighting shadows.
With over 50 years of combined experience with fibromyalgia Kim and Karen understand that it doesn’t just affect you physically, it affects you mentally and emotionally as well.
The Shadow Boxers: Fighting Fibromyalgia, Your Personal Journal, is an interactive book where Kim and Karen help you on your own journey.
In The Shadow Boxers…, you will find Kim and Karen’s personal stories from first symptoms to the present. They prompt you to make your own plan, write down your own ideas, and figure out how to really live your life with fibromyalgia!
The journal features
- Definitions, with room for you to write your own definition or experience. For example, they give the definition for a Fibromyalgia Flare, then you are given room to journal what a fibromyalgia flare means to you. You could write it out, tell of your experience with a fibro flare, draw a picture showing what it means to you….it’s your journal, you get to decide what’s best for you.
- The Seven Areas of Positive Change. Discover “seven areas of you life that will respond to positive choices you make”. Kim and Karen discuss these areas and prompt you to journal about each area. You could tell how you will incorporate a change in your life, how you have already changed aspects of your life…, again, it’s your journal. You get to decide how it works best for you.
- Questions and Answers. This section contains questions from the fibromyalgia community. There are sample answers given, then you are given the chance to answer these questions for yourself.
- Dear Fibromyalgia. Write your personal letter to Fibromyalgia.
- Six Healthy Habits to Develop for Fibromyalgia Syndrome. These habits are explored individually, and you will find your own way to develop each habit.
- Your Story. At the end you are encouraged to continue to write your own story. This is your journey, your story, your illness, who better to write your story?
- Resources. Be sure to check out Kim and Karen’s Recommended Resources, this is invaluable information. Along with other resources you will find Fighting Fibromyalgia with Kim, Karen, and Andrea is a wonderful online support group.
Let me sum up by saying, I love this book! I love the how it’s interactive. I already journal, but my journals are simply thoughts of the day and such. This journal gives me prompts to think about. It gives me guidance. It challenges me to think about things I might otherwise have overlooked. This journal helps me find my way as I navigate through this illness. I now have my own story.
The Shadow Boxers: Fighting Fibromyalgia, Your Personal Journal is available on Amazon as a Kindle Book or a physical book. If you get the Kindle version you will need to get a journal to use in conjunction with it.
Or, you just might win it!!
Enter for your chance to win your own copy of The Shadow Boxers: Fighting Fibromyalgia, Your Personal Journey.
Kim has so graciously offered to give a copy of The Shadow Boxers: Fighting Fibromyalgia, Your Personal Journal to one of my lucky readers. Please only one entry per person. I’m sorry, but this giveaway is available to US readers only.
To enter to win a copy of The Shadow Boxers... simply leave a comment telling why you’d like to win. Contest closes at midnight EST on September 20th. The winner will be notified by email. (make sure the email you comment with is the email to you would like to be notified) The winner will be announced on Friday, September 22nd.
**note. I purchased my own copy of The Shadow Boxers: Fighting Fibromyalgia, Your Personal Story. All opinions in this review are my own and I have not been influenced by anyone else.