We all have them…those little things that really annoy us. I’ve noticed lately that I have more pet peeves than I realized.
I really annoys me when:
- I write a whole post then I hit “Save” or “Publish” or “Preview”, and suddenly I’m told my login expired and I need to login again….of course, at least half of my post disappeared! Yes this just happened, and I don’t have the brain power to do it again right now. Ugh! I how annoying!
- I go to a party with many people in attendance, and the only towels in the bathroom are those little finger-tip towels. Ick! They are dripping wet within half an hour! Why do people do that?
- I go to a party and they have the rooms decorated for the party, but the bathroom is dirty. again…Ick! Of course, they also have no towel at all in the bathroom!
- I email a company and don’t get a reply, or I email a company and explain I’m emailing because I’m hearing impaired and can’t talk on the phone, then they email me back that I need to call. That’s just rude.
- Insurance companies give you the run around….for weeks and weeks.
- I am asked at the doctors before a procedure if there is any way I could be pregnant and I answer “no”, but they make me take a pregnancy test anyway…Why Ask? Just tell me to pee in a cup!
- people won’t admit to something they did wrong. (for example, we had new carpet installed last weekend, in our bedroom there are two gouges in the wall. It was covered by a paint that does not match our paint, it’s close, but it doesn’t match. They didn’t even fill in the holes, just painted over them. Now they say they didn’t do it, they said don’t have paint. I KNOW it wasn’t there before, it’s right by the door, I see it every time I walk out of the room!) Why do people not take pride in their work? Or show respect to other people….and that brings me to another pet peeve….
- people are rude! So many people are rude and do not respect others, or their environment. Think about the car that cuts you off and speeds away, only to get stopped at the same stop light you do. The person who throws trash out on the road, or in a parking lot. The person who leaves a grocery cart in a parking place. People who are rude to those who provide customer service to them….like waitresses, cashiers…ect. And on that note….
- people do not get off the phone when they are checking out of a store, or at the bank…ect. How rude is that?
- people who talk on the phone, or text when driving. Texting is simply stupid….what on earth are they thinking? But…how many times have you been aggravated by how someone is driving, only to look over and see they are on the phone? It’s illegal in our state, but people do it constantly. (and I’m not talking about hands free)
- I have to wait way past my appointment time…anywhere. Why is my time considered less valuable than the person I’ve come to see? And I really hate it when they are very late, and don’t apologize, or thank me for waiting…ect.
- people who are very educated use bad grammar. There’s a difference between someone who doesn’t know any better, and those who just don’t care. (there is one person I know who should know better, but she always says “weren’t” when she should say “wasn’t”…it makes my skin crawl.)
- people who write everywhere as if they were texting! I have a friend on Facebook who writes her status updates like that…it drives me crazy, and I will admit I often do not understand what she is saying.
- Things I’m looking forward to are delayed over and over. (I got a call from my surgeon’s office today telling me we have to reschedule my surgery from July 11th to the 19th or after! We just set up the surgery yesterday, now another delay. I’m beginning to wonder if I’m meant to get this cochlear implant. One delay after another. This should have happened 3-4 weeks ago. I’m so depressed about all of this. It has been a constant stressor for almost 2 months!) Yes! I am annoyed! Heck, I’m downright pissed!
See what I mean? I have a much larger list of pet peeves than I ever thought I would. Things used to not get to me so much. But please note, I don’t hate the people who do these things, I simply hate some of the things they do.
I must practice showing understanding, and compassion….but I’m sure some of these things will always annoy me.
What is your Pet Peeves? Are some of yours the same as mine?