Today is Day 26 of #HAWMC (WEGO’s Health Activist Writers Monthly Challenge). The prompt today is:
Time to use all your knowledge and experience as an Health Activist!
Create a “Care Page” for newly diagnosed patients.
Pull together 5 of your own blog posts that could help a newly diagnosed patient and
include 5 external resources you find helpful.
I’ve written a number of blog posts that I think a person newly diagnosed with Meniere’s Disease would find interesting and, hopefully, helpful. I think the best place to start would be a series on Meniere’s treatments, written by me and a few fellow Meniere’s warriors: Meniere’s Treatments Part 1 – Diet, Meniere’s Treatments Part 2 – Medication, Meniere’s Treatments Part 3 – Surgery, Meniere’s Treatments Guest Post – Lin, Meniere’s Treatments Guest Post – Suzanna, Meniere’s Treatments Guest Post – Angelea. And one post I thought might help new patients explain vertigo is, What’s this Thing Called Vertigo Anyway?
5 External Resources that may be helpful:
- Vestibular Disorders Association The first place to look for information on vestibular disorders. VEDA’s Meniere’s page
- Meniere’s Resources Inc. (I love their Facebook Page too)
- Meniere’s Awareness Project (Facebook Page)
- Hearing Health & Technology Matters – Dizziness Depot (has a great series on Meniere’s treatments)
- Mind Over Meniere’s Resource Page (a place where you can find almost every resource available on Meniere’s, be sure to check the comment section for updates)
I’m participating in WEGO’s #HAWMC, if you’d like to read more posts from today please search for #HAWMC and check out WEGO’s Facebook page. Don’t forget to Like Picnic With Ant’s Facebook Page too. 🙂
If you would like to share your story on Picnic with Ants, contact me through the contact form on my About Me – Contact Me Page.