My friend, Maureen (otherwise known as Mo) from Day by Day with the Addison Girl, awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award!
As recipient of The Versatile Blogger Award, you must tell 7 things about yourself that your readers might not know. Then pass the award along to 5 other deserving bloggers.
Whew….both of these things are tough. The first part because, I’m kind of an open book. There isn’t much I haven’t told on this blog at some point. But I’ll try to think of something, hope I can keep your interest.
The second part is very tough, because I read some amazing blogs, to narrow it down to just 5…that’s tough. Some have been narrowed down for me because I see they’ve won the award before, so to be fair I won’t pass it along to them. But still, I read some amazing blogs, this is just a sample.
Seven Things You May Not Know About Me.
1. I sleep with a stuffed Monkey. His name is Monkey Monkey Monkey…no really it is, I have his birth certificate and everything.
2. I wear a size 4 in Boys Converse All Stars. My favorite kind of shoes! My hubby says I have baby feet. I say that’s the real reason I can’t balance very well, my feet are too small to keep me steady.
3. I have been known to snort and pee my pants when I can’t stop laughing. Well, sometimes I’ll just snort when I laugh and it makes me laugh harder and harder, often while saying….”did you hear me snort?” So glad I can laugh at myself now. When I was a kid that horrified me. (it’s still quite embarrassing to pee your pants though).
4. I didn’t fly in a commercial plane until I was in my 30’s. I did fly in a little two-seater once before that, but for just a quick jaunt, I also went up in a helicopter before flying in a commercial plane! (my father worked for the SC State Forestry, you know Smokey Bear, and he got me these rides in the plane and helicopter that they used for fighting fires.)
5. As a rule, I hate to drive with other people in the car. However, there are a few people who scare really scare me to ride with, so I always drive when we go places.
6. I’m a huge Vincent Price Fan, and own an original Dr. Phibes Action Figure. (The Abominable Dr. Phibes was Vincent Price’s 100th movie.)
7. As you may know, I have a degree in art. What you probably didn’t know, is that I was originally a math major.
So, how many of those things did you know about me? It’s not fair if you know me in person!
I will now pass this award on to 5 bloggers…..and here they are, in no particular order….
- Sunshine and Chaos – Maureen (a different Maureen than the one who awarded this to me) sums up her blog as: “Things that amuse and bemuse me as I wander the wilderness that is invisible chronic illness.” I love her description, and don’t think I could add a thing.
- Fly with Hope – Kelly shows tremendous courage in her blog. She doesn’t hide, she opens her heart and shows people what it’s like to live how she has to live. Kelly has a deep relationship with God, that helps her deal with many chronic illnesses. She describes her blog as “The thoughts of a woman who loves Jesus and is navigating her way through chronic illness.” Be prepared when you read Kelly’s blog to see the dark side of her illnesses and feel the light she keeps shining to get through each day.
- Creativity to the Max – Judith/Judy is an extremely talented and giving woman who lives with chronic illness and helps others. Her posts can be very funny, poignant, sad, instructive, loving…. Even when her post have a touch of sadness, you can feel her sense of humor. She makes me laugh nearly every day, either by one of her post, or from comment’s she has left on mine. (of course, I should mention, that she’s really just Max’s human, and he is the real brains behind this blog.)
- SoulComfort’s Corner – Rita is a creative, high spirited woman who is housebound due to health issues. She “talk(s) about any art or craft project (she’s) currently involved in, the weather, movies, books, health, spirit, life, and (her) cat Karma.” Her blog is comfortable, once you start reading it you feel you have found a friend…and you have.
- A Day In The Life With Meniere’s – As the title says, Angelea, tells about her life with Meniere’s. She also talks about life in general. Angelea has a positive outlook, Is a great support and reminds us to live in the moment.
If you would like to pass your award along and participate in the Versatile Blogger Award, just tell us about yourself and let us know about five of your favorite blogs. If not, that’s OK too.