Today I came across two blogs that just made me happy.
I’ve always believed in being nice, not only to people I know but also to strangers. I love holding doors for people, sharing a smile, telling a stranger how good they look today…. Well, today I came across a blog by Melissa Morris and she feels the same way. She has made it a mission to encourage other people to be nice. This just makes me happy. Her blog is called Operation NICE. She even gives assignments for people to do to be nice. For example, this week’s extreme niceness challenge is to smile at 10 strangers. This is an easy one for me because I try to smile at everyone.
Here’s a little story about me smiling to a stranger. Yesterday, when we were at the mall I smiled and waved at a little girl and then smiled at her father, he gave me a big smile and said “Thank You.” I couldn’t figure out why he thanked me, but it was so sweet. It just made my day.
I’ve decided to follow her and try to fulfill the assignments she suggests, it always makes me feel better to be nice to others. It empowers me, and makes me feel much more “normal”. Do you enjoy being nice? Is it important to you to do Random Acts of Kindness? Does it make you feel better? If so, maybe you should join me in being a Very Nice Person. : )
The second thing I found today touched me because I was reading on another blog that I follow recently how she is being harassed by someone saying some not so kind things. This is something that really scares me about blogging. I hope I have enough self-confidence to not let things get to me, but I know from past experience when I’ve gotten a negative comment that it hurts. I simply can’t help but take it personally.
- create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
- be understanding of each other– in the blogging community, as well as in the world
- stay away from internet/blogging bullying
- speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other’s feelings– be tactful.
- make an effort–no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
- acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
- know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow-up with something happy/positive too.
- believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.
I hope these also made you happy.
You ask how am I feeling? My hearing is a tiny bit better today, I had a sudden horrible headache today that took me to my knees, but it didn’t last too long after I took something. I’m very tired today, but feel better than I did yesterday. Dr. Gray is trying to get me in this week to test my pressure. Haven’t heard back from her yet to see if she found an opening. She really wanted to make the appointment long enough to so she could patch the last leak if she needs to. I’ll let you know what happens.
Thanks for tuning in!