Last week was my first time participating in the Ten Things of Thankful challenge, and it made me feel really good. This week my ten things were not as obvious; I think that makes it even more important to take note of them. I’ll be the first to admit, I did not have a good week. A lot of pain and stress has taken hold of my body, I’m holding on, but it’s getting difficult. It’s time to step back and figure out how I can make things a little less demanding. Every weekend is filled with so much to do, when it gets to be Monday I’m in full flare. That has to stop, but I really like my busy weekends. I haven’t been able to do any of these things in so long, it does my heart good to be able to do them now, but my body is not as happy with me, and I’m afraid if I don’t slow down my body is going to make me.
I’m so very thankful:
- for my amazing friends who keep me going every day. Some I “talk” with almost every day, some I don’t keep in touch with as often. but I know they are there for me, and I am so very, very thankful for that. I can only hope they know I’m there for them too. I love my people.
- that I didn’t get really hurt when I fell down the other day. Yep, I fell, again. Hey, it’s been a while, and I didn’t fall because I was dizzy or anything like that, I fell because I stepped on something slippery and my foot flew out from under me. Mostly, it just scared me.
- that I was able to go back-to-school shopping with my niece. It’s so much fun getting to know my niece and nephew, I’m so grateful we can now spend so much time together.
- that a local friend of mine texted me today saying that if there is every an emergency I can call on her. That really meant the world to me. She’s local, and I haven’t even seen her yet, I must rectify that.
- that I have Air Conditioning. It has been dangerously hot here; I honestly don’t know how anyone could live here without A/C. There are so many homeless people here, I don’t know how they survive in this heat. I’m so grateful I have a safe home and don’t have to live on the streets, my heart goes out to those who do.
- that I have been having fun learning to decorate cookies. I’ve only just begun to learn about it, but I’m having so much fun discovering this new art form. I attempted my first watercolor on a cookie this week, it turned out pretty cool, not perfect, but not too bad.
- That my father-in-law is letting me use one of his cars, and it’s a really cool car too. I’m just beginning to drive again, after a few years, so it feels amazing to be able to get to go somewhere whenever I want. I’ve only gone on one errand so far, I’m very nervous driving here because I don’t know the area and I can’t hear the GPS. I need to get a GPS that I can see without taking my eyes off the road, that would make things much easier.
- for cooler mornings. I’m trying to get up earlier so I can enjoy the weather before it gets too hot, some days I make it, other days, I don’t get out much.
- that my surgery is soon. Just got a call this evening that my surgery date has been changed to the 7th. This is causing a bit of inconvenience with Stuart and work. as that was supposed to be a training day for him, I’m grateful he will still be able to take me.
- that I was able to do write a post. With my wrist pain, migraines, and additional pain this week, I didn’t think I’d be able to get this done, I’m so grateful that I could do it.
What are you thankful for this week? I’d love for you to share with me just one thing you are grateful for this week!!
I’ll try and write more about my surgery soon, a little mini update before I have to disappear for a while.
I’m always thankful for you.