Just in time for Ten Things of Thankful I received something to be very thankful for indeed!
My gammaCore arrived!!
I’ve been having a heck of a time with fatigue and migraines, so this little gem was met with much joy! I’ve used it a few times already today, I can’t say for sure how much it has helped yet because I used it in conjunction with other medications, but I can say that my migraine did get better! Yay!! There’s a lot of drawbacks about this little thing, like how long it took to get it here, it isn’t rechargeable so you have to get a new one every month, (that’s a lot of garbage!) and it stops working in a month even if you haven’t used it hardly at all. They really have a racket going on here….but if it works, how I can not use it? I’ll do an update on it soon!!
There are a few more things I’m thankful for this week:
- the kindness of friends (and some strangers).
- not having to go to work every day, because I wouldn’t have been able to lately. (never thought I’d be thankful I’m disabled…I’m just differently abled)
- we’re looking for a house, this is not a fun experience, but I’m so grateful we are able to buy our own home and hopefully soon we will find the perfect place for our family.
- we were able to babysit last week and we didn’t die, nor kill anyone. hahaha
- my niece is reading a book and telling me all about it. (she literally just texted me before she went to bed. She’s 10)
- I didn’t throw up in public. Okay that sounds strange but we were out on Sunday and I took a swallow of water while we were walking and suddenly I got choked. I coughed and gagged and water spewed out of my mouth and nose, I was so embarrassed, but I didn’t throw up, that was a victory!!
- we have A/C. We live in Tucson, AZ; if I didn’t have A/C I would die. That’s not an exaggeration.
- I’m not homeless. There is a huge homeless population here, it really makes me realize how very lucky I am. (and it annoys the heck out of me that so many people here assume that all homeless are addicts! Really? Wake up people! It can happen to anyone!)
- I was able to get a topical ointment for pain from the medical marijuana dispensary today. It is all CBD, so anyone could buy it, but I like getting it from the dispensary because they independently test everything so I know it has what is says it does in it, and the girl that I talked with there today was so knowledgeable! I’m learning so much. I’m hoping the ointment will help me sleep tonight, my wrist/thumb have been keeping me up at night. (Don’t worry dear friends, it’s healing nicely, it just takes time). I also got some gummies to help me sleep, they do have THC in them so unless you are in a legal state you couldn’t get them. I’m very grateful I live in a legal state.
That’s all for now. I have been writing a post on my experiencesgetting my medicinal card and my first trip to the dispensary. I’m sorry it is taking me so long, recovery has been easier than I expected, but it has made me very tired; it is a struggle to get things done and sometimes the pain won’t allow me to type long.
Thank you all for hanging in there with me. I’m very thankful for you.
What are you thankful for this week? I’d love to hear about it.