This will be a very quick post….I just don’t have time! And I’m spilling spoons all over the place……..
I realized how long it has been since I have posted or read anyone’s blog posts and thought….my people will think I have died! Or they will think I have run away and am dancing with the natives on a semi-deserted island!
I’m happy and sorry to disappoint, but both are wrong.
Many things have happened….and I will not be able to tell you them all here.
Here are the highlights:
- Stuart was offered a job in Charlotte, NC….about 3 hours from where we live now. This is a great job. We are so grateful!
- We had to go look for a place to live in Charlotte, NC.
- We spent 4 exhausting days looking for suitable place to live in Charlotte, NC (a suitable place, must be 1 story….I can no longer do stairs. Walker should fit in bathroom. Preferably 2 bedrooms. A very narrow price range due to the fact that we will still be paying a mortgage until we sell our house ….plus double utilities, ect.,)
- We returned home, not knowing if we had found a place to live, even though we changed some of our must list. (walker did not have to fit in bathroom, could have 1 or 2 steps to enter. Would accept 1 bedroom.)
- After being home for 2 days we found out we had the duplex we really did like! It did not meet all of our preferred requirements, but we can live with it. My walker will not fit in the bathroom…but I’m used to that. It does fit in every other room. There are 2 bedrooms! There are 2 steps to enter the home, but the landlord is going to put in a railing. I can deal with that too! It’s in a great place, and it ‘s just what we need. Yay! (dancing a little jig!)
- Our new place is about 1/4 the size of our house. Yes, we meant to get a place that was much smaller than the place we live now. We want to downsize and minimize. It will make things much easier on both of us. However, the next couple of weeks things will not be easier!
- Stuart starts work on July 20th. We want to move in about a week or so before then. However, that means we want to have the things we want to keep in the new place. That doesn’t mean we will have all the things we no longer want out of our old place. We plan to have that taken care of by the end of the month and put the house on the market next month. Whew!
So……I’ve used up all of my spoons every day.
some days I haven’t had any spoons when I wake up in the morning. One day I had no spoons to even make it out of bed.
Today I got up and started to do a go through things and suddenly I picked up something that was my mother’s and spilled all my spoons all over the floor! I had been surrounded by dusty things and my asthma was starting to tickle…I had planned to go get my inhaler, then I picked up my mother’s things….and CRASH spoons everywhere!!!……suddenly I couldn’t breathe! eehheheheheeeeeswwwhwhwhwhwwwwwwwwwhwhwhwweeezzz Stuart was upstairs, I’m crying and can’t take a breath….eehehewwwhwhwheeehwwheeeezzzzz I picked up something and threw it trying to make a noise….luckily he was coming down stairs and saw me and grabbed my inhaler….I got was able to get a breath and then I had a nebulizer treatment. I could breathe again….but Stuart had this huge guilt trip….”What if I wasn’t here? What is going to happen when I go to work?”
Then I had a guilt trip….but…”Ummmm. when you aren’t here I have my emergency kit next to me. This was my fault I should have had my inhaler with me.” and I’m thinking….please stop I feel bad enough……
But he is getting all worked up, it’s been so long since he worked out of the house…..then I started feeling more guilty…..and suddenly i feel like a little kid being scolded for not taking care of myself.
yep….Spoons all over the place!!! some I’m sure are coming from tomorrow”s reserve.
(no worries, you know we got it all straight, emotions calmed down and communication started working…….we work well together….but we are both out of spoons today!)
if anyone is reading this and doesn’t understand my reference to spoons please refer to this link: The Spoon Theory